Saying goodbye

Life at the AMC has never been smooth-sailing. To put it metaphorically, it's been a mixture of a very strong stormy season that gave way to a blustery morning that finally gave way to a beautiful day filled with a smatter of clouds and a brilliant blue sky.
Of course along the way, you'd inevitably end up making friends. Being asian, most of my friends were (ok let's face it, 99% of my closest friends were non-locals). Since the majority of time I spent over there was filled with finishing my assignments that dragged until the weekends, we learned to get a hold of each other pretty quickly. As the saying goes, 'birds of a feather flock together'; I made friends with people who could get with me, and I with them i.e. people who were set on their goals and were serious about graduating. My pals mainly consisted of Malaysians and Koreans. Big whoop of surprise here? I've been to Korea only once and I can tell you that after being friends with these guys Ho Wan Kim and JungWuk Lim that they are among the most polite people I've ever known. Very patient. and most importantly very,very helpful. They were also ultra hardworking and didn't mind going out of their way to help other people who were struggling with stuff. I still remember the late nights at the labs trying to finish off some kind of assignment: yacht design being the latest and resistance and propulsion being the first of its kind to warrant so much attention.

Anyways, in 2nd year, a Brazilian guy got into the course and he was really cool. He used to be a draftsman for Lloyds register and his drafting skills are out of this world. I frequently ask him for help most of the time considering my skills in that department.. haha.. but it was always good fun when we were trying to finish off our assignments. We tried to maintain a stress-free, laugh out loud session cause nothing went right when everyone got super tense with homework.. lol!

Yeah.. I'll miss those moments of stressing out in the labs and stressing out in my room. My laptop being my best friend. Far out total geekiness. Very few glimpses of my social life where I got to demonstrate my awkwardness in the gatherings. hehe.

Being the only girl in my class meant I had to beat the boys or join them. What you say?? No!!! I didn't undergo a sex change or something but I think I became more masculine.. is that the right term..? ROFL.. just kidding.. I'm still me. Gonna miss you AMC and Tassie.. aahh to breathe the world's freshest air again and look at the bluest sky.. sometime in the future?




Me and Mr Ho Wan Kim aka George aka very helpful friend during times at AMC

Me and Mr JungWuk Lim aka Jay aka best presenter with the best opening sequence during OVD

View of the labs: all of em are equipped with the latest technology: quad core triple quad core, windows 7, AutoCAD, Rhino, Maxsurf: best PC lab in the world I tell ya and the best printers ever

Bye George.. see ya in Pusan whenever you're there.

The wall where Yasmine had a candid capture. Huge as! 

This entry was posted in