At long, long last

Results came out on Friday at exactly 900 hours (Aussie time).
This time it was a big deal. I mean, every time results are out I'd get that nerve-wracking feeling: my heart would start beating like crazy until it felt like it was gonna tear out of my chest. I'd psyche myself up trying to open the student portal but it'd always take at least 3 tries until I actually logged in to check my results. Even then, I'd close my eyes and then focus on the subjects, hoping for no fails and all passes. This time around would be the last time I'd have to go through this process. Funnily enough, you'd expect me to be a certified nervous wreck, gibbering at nothing considering the stress factor associated with it, the final results to determine if we graduate or if we have to repeat a unit and defer another year!(my single worst nightmare). 
This time around, it took just ONE click. I logged in, and I left it all to Allah the Almighty. What will be, will be. I've poured everything I had into the units this year (except for MMS, but hey I hate schematics and all that sh*t). I blinked. I saw my results. And the first thing I saw was a whopping DN for my final year project! 75% yo! I had to pat myself on the back for that. Mom told me that Giles said my thesis was the best student thesis he'd seen in his 20 years of teaching. I was kinda disbelieving at that time. But yeah, what a huge relief looking at proof that my year long obsession and hard work had finally paid off. wa alhamdulillah! 
I was kinda happy looking at my results for Marine Machinery Systems considering the limited amount of knowledge I had with electrics. Not my strong suit. At all. 
And I got good marks for OVD. Was hoping for something a little bit higher but I was 2 marks under. Whoop de do! Just goes to show that I need lotsa practice with ship design. Especially Rhino modeling.
I thought I did really well in the Yacht Design exams but probably handing in the 2nd assignment late (1st time ever in my 4 years at AMC and Binnsie was so unforgiving! c'mon man, just don't cut 10% off already! it's our final semester for God's sake!!! grrrrr) really affected my overall mark so I just skimmed through and got me ac credit. Good mark. And by far, my favorite subject. I just fell in love with my own drawings. Can you believe it? haha.. I wish I was into sailing. Probably I'll get into it one of these days? 
All in all. I think I had a really good run at the AMC. Gained loads of happy memories, stressful ones, really sad ones, bad ones and of course the goofy ones. Hehe. Finally. I'm an AMC graduate. I know people who'd kill for that title. Soon I'll be another statistic that says I'm one among the rest of the others who's got a job! =) let's hope I get to travel someplace interesting! oh and last but not least. I got engineering HONORS! weeheeheehee!!!!!!

This entry was posted in