Technip Interview

So you know how I was complaining like crazy about not getting any updates on any of my job applications? Well, turns out, Allah had everything planned out to the T.
Nothing would've been more perfect.
The day I got confirmation of my US trip was the day I got the call from Technip for a job interview.
Nothing could've described my feelings at that moment. Syukur, ya Allah!
I've been waiting for news from their end for close to 2 months! Even went to their walk-in interview a month before to be told that fresh graduates will not be interviewed as yet. And to make it worse, most of my friends who stayed back (since they'd had experience and all that), told me my name was called twice! If that didn't get me nervy I don't know what would!

So, the day before I was to go to the US, I went to the Technip interview at Jalan Tun Razak, just minutes away from the nearest LRT station. but of course, dad sent me there.

The interviewers were both Caucasian, one was French, the other I wasn't really quite sure of. I think he might've been British? The questions were standard enough. They gave me a brief introduction on what the company did. They were all about offshore structures: SPARS, TLPs, oil rigs and etc. Even their design was all about these things. They had branches focusing on hydrodynamics, structures, stability and a whole raft of other things.

Asked me what I would be willing to do once I worked with them. I just said I'd like to be good at everything. And of course, I'm very interested in doing my MBA just to be more business savvy once I start my career. I mean, engineering is a business!

At the end I had to do this quiz to ascertain the level of my ignorance concerning offshore stuff. haha. Well, I think it went well considering. The interview lasted for more than 2 hours. I shoved my final year projects for them to look at. They were shifting through my CV too. I hope I have a chance here Allah willing. 2 weeks till I get any news.


This entry was posted in

2 Responses so far.

  1. Unknown says:

    any news from technip Maryam ?

  2. Maryam says:

    hey there Syed! I didn't get in to Technip Malaysia. They said my skills were a mismatch from the start. But I did find a perfect match with Technip Singapore :)

    p/s: sorry, just read your comment. Haven't been updating as much.