Climhazzard

If NASA is celebrating their 20th anniversary for their Hubble telescope, I'm celebrating my 100th blog post! yeah! Something akin to the greatness of NASA's feat I presume. * hey, a little bit of sarcasm never hurt anyone right?*


Anyways, the busiest week of the semester, which was last week, has finally passed, leaving me feeling like I just survived a whirlwind tornado that decided to drop by on my otherwise peaceful, quiet, and idyllic life. In all the torrent of being blown off my feet, I managed to hold on to a frail looking post that I call my inner faith. Admittedly, it has already been whittled quite a bit by the howling winds leaving it barely recognizable. It wasn't until the advent of this storm that I realized how wispy it looked and felt like. That's when it struck me that I should make the post stronger, make it easier to cling on in times of need. If it breaks, I'll be swept by the wind. Just gone, gone with the wind. Pardon me, but I sure as heck do not want to be Alice, who fell down the rabbit hole, into the abyss.

The tornado didn't just leave a massive trail of dirt in its wake (referring to the uncouth state of my room at the moment), it also left me thinking about where I let most of my time go to. Did I spend it eating too much? What if it was daydreaming? what if...? It is so hard to pinpoint exactly where it is wasted and thus, this is where, I will point out the true, glorious worth of having an unmatched organizer called my iPod, which I nicknamed Climhazzard by the way (after my favorite Cloud Strife limit break) I've been bursting with excitement ever since I first got it.
It was in the courtyard, outside the Co-op bookshop, under the tree where I had the first official unwrapping ceremony. Main witness: Yasmine. Admittedly, it did not go exactly as planned, we had to tap the casing numerous times for the iPod to fall out! Such geeks we are. I almost had a moment of e-bay doubt in which involves hurling abuses at the seller and demanding a refund for sending me a China-made iPod.

Being sadly absent minded, most of the time, and I didn't realize to what extent of which it had hijacked my brain until I kept getting reminded of renewing books at the library and buying groceries, that extra class etc. etc. I am especially and eternally grateful that a device just magically showed up to help me be more productive and keep me organized.
I guess, my dad is right when he says he usually used his iPod for its calendar function. The alerts are just amazing. Again, I just can't believe how forgetful I am.

All in all, I truly appreciate the phrase my debate teacher used to say to us, Carpe Diem! Seize the Day! Make full use of the day, leave no areas for idleness, be the most productive you can be, maximize your time by doing something meaningful and useful but don't forget to take time out for yourself. Otherwise, it'd be like a sadly repeating scene where a bedraggled looking girl, lab coat and safety boots in hand, curses at her jeans for being so loose as she tries to run from one uncovered walkway to the other to avoid the pouring rain. At the end, she stumbles to her room, too tired to think of anything else but the song "set me free why don't you babe" while she thankfully sinks into oblivion.

At the end, a day is measured by how much you've put into it. I love going to bed feeling exhausted without any thought except blissful sleep that awaits because I know I've seized the day. I made it mine.












This entry was posted in