Therefore, be patient. Surely the promise of Allah is true

I open my book to do some practice questions. The class test is in 2 days.
Now I realize the Euler and Runge-Kutta formulas staring up at me make absolutely no sense.

I can practically hear the gears grinding in my brain, trying to make that vital connection to my neurons; but something just ain't clicking. It's been probably a whole month since I last revisited this particular topic. Could that be why? I struggle to understand but still... nothing. So I go online and check the solutions. Because that's what I do when I get stuck. But whaddya know... I still can't fathom it.

I think of h0w just a few days before, I've been stressing out about how to do the bubble lab and what would happen if neither me nor my lab partner knew what to do. What if I struggled like mad to do the last bit of the Finite Element analysis group assignment and what do I say when its time to present our ship design?

Then, bit by bit, all my worries are washed away as if by magic. Firstly, my lab partner met with me and told me that he figured out how to work out the most difficult part of the lab: Fast Fourier Transforms using Excel. After, I learnt from my friend how to measure the minute bubbles using Paint. Voila! We were 50% through it in no time. I stole some time here and there to write up more on the introductory part of the report.

Yesterday night, I'd officially been put out of a job when one of my team mates told me my part of the structural analysis is impossible to do and far too complicated. This morning, I figured out how to get around this problem and worked the rest of the day typing up the results I had obtained for the buckling analysis of the longest members of the helideck model.

At noon, my team mate drew up our Power Point slides and I took the liberty of transferring them to my hard disk. Now, it's just waiting for which part goes to whom.

Slowly, slowly, bit by bit, everything has fallen into place.

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِِ

أَلَمْ نَشْرَحْ لَكَ صَدْرَكَ {1

Have We not expanded for you your breast,

وَوَضَعْنَا عَنكَ وِزْرَكَ {2

And taken off from you your burden,

الَّذِي أَنقَضَ ظَهْرَكَ {3

Which pressed heavily upon your back,

وَرَفَعْنَا لَكَ ذِكْرَكَ {4

And exalted for you your esteem?

فَإِنَّ مَعَ الْعُسْرِ يُسْرًا {5

Surely with difficulty is ease.

إِنَّ مَعَ الْعُسْرِ يُسْرًا {6

With difficulty is surely ease.

فَإِذَا فَرَغْتَ فَانصَبْ {7

So when you are free, nominate.

وَإِلَى رَبِّكَ فَارْغَبْ {8

And make your Lord your exclusive object.








This entry was posted in