the 9-5 life

Actually it's 8-5. and I thought MISC would start office hours an hour later. So much for wishing.
But take into account that one reaches HQ around 8.00 am. Nobody's in the office yet. So, one goes down to the ground floor and buy some breakfast. That alone will take almost half an hour. So one can say that office hours begins at almost 9 am.

I think working life is repetitious. It's such a routine. And the only free time we get to ourselves out of the whole week is just the weekends. One thing is for sure, working is definitely not as brain-busting as studying. Not by a long shot. So in one way, I am looking forward to graduating. But at the same time I'm thinking I have to break out from the routine. Do something a little different. Or else I'll just drive myself nuts.

Anyways, it's already been 2 weeks since I've been in MISC. It's a desk job. I sit in front of the computer most of the time. The most used software: MS Word and Excel. I've been to more than 3 meetings. All about contracts, and business. So a big thank you goes to my lecturer, Art, for teaching me Project Management. This time, I get to see it being applied. Real-time. I got to interview a real-life engineer, who took Marine Technology in UTM. He gave me a few pointers. I found it really useful. Like how mechanics of materials and structures and all those classification societies standards really come in handy when you work. But we don't really have to bust our brains out trying to calculate and verify the strength calculations since our consultants do that for us. Even the drawing bits. So, bummer. I don't get to see it done in front of me. But thank GOD I don't have to do that stuff if I don't want to. phewwww

Gained a few friends over here. I'm glad that I'm not alone. Really thought I'd be the only intern.

Get this, first thing I'm doing if I'm going to work is to find myself really comfy shoes. Can you believe that crocs just blistered my whole feet? And wedges really squeeze my feet too tight and is so abrasive! I just hate heels. Full stop.

This entry was posted in