I wish we had TVB

I didn't read Ma Wing Shing's Pedang Setiawan. I was more a fan of Tony Wong actually. I loved Dewata Raya and Anak-anak Wira. Stopped reading them because I had to go to boarding school.

So here's my take on Storm Warriors. 10 long years after Storm Riders.
I was totally put off by the subtitles that got cut off at the bottom of the screen when the explanation of what had happened was being written.
Then this silly kid kept kicking my seat. ( I got so mad I yelled at the idiot to stop. Temper. temper)
The soundtrack I will definitely go buy once it's out. The movie too.
Some major show stoppers, eye-openers, awesome CGI scenes or whatever the heck you wanna call it are all the fight scenes. My favorite was the fight between Cloud and Wind against Lord Godless. AWESOME!
I thought Kenny Ho, who played Nameless looked eerily like Ustaz Akhil Hayy. Man, are you secretly Chinese or sumthing? There was this part where Lord Godless' son, played by Nicolas Tse who was really good looking by the way (the cheekbones!) had to go and defeat some enemies and they cut it short by making it look comic style. Another battle scene looked like it came straight out of 300!

The down sides to this movie to me, personally, were some draggy scenes where they wanted to show the might of Lord Godless, or Cloud's cape, or how pretty Charlene Choi is (give me Shu Qi anytime or Cecilia Cheung or better, Michelle Reis). And some annoying chant-like soundtracks which really wanted to copy LOTR. Really guys, your style, meaning the HK style is way cooler. So keep it that way! And this major put off was when they kept slowing the actions. You know like the discovery channel series, Time Warp. Some actions are fine, but if you wanna slow all of them? hmmmm just not down with it yo.

Overall, I liked Strom Warriors. I loved Storm Riders. My bros found it boring. But I like Ekin Cheng and Aaron Kwok and Hong Kong films too much to say that.

When will they release the DVDs? I just hope they don't get stolen like my Jet Li collection last time... curse you ipod touch, psp, cell phone robbing thief!

This entry was posted in