Finding someone who doesn't exist


As per the words of my facebook status: Where do I find a man who still holds strong to his deen even when the whole world has left theirs behind? 
This statement is sadly too true. Especially for a Muslim girl like me. Trying to find a good Muslim man out there, who has never had a girlfriend is really, really difficult. This species are close to extinction. It's the trend nowadays to show off to your friends that you're 'taken'. You're not single anymore. You're 'in'!. You're considered a loser if no one wants you. There's no other culprit more worthy of blame than the media and Western influence. The youth over there are social. They mix freely. Going on dates is the 'in' thing to do. But not so for us Muslims. No. 
But it seems that I am one of the very few who stand by this conviction. No boyfriends before marriage. Not ever. And out there, where dating is considered a good thing, I can just hang my head in frustration. The wrong thing is still wrong even when a lot of people do it. The right thing is still right even if there are so few who stand by it. 
So very few. How sad.


This entry was posted in