Greek mythology is fascinating

I've watched Disney's Hercules so many times, I practically know the dialogues by heart now. But it never gets old. The scenes I love most is:

When he's flown up to Olympus on a cloud with Meg beside him.
Then Apollo shouts: "3 cheers for the Mighty Hercules!"
Hera: Hercules... we missed you
Hercules: Mother...
Hera: You were willing to give your life to save this young woman
Zeus: For a true hero is not measured by the size of his strength but by the strength of his heart... Now.. my son... (holding Hercules' shoulder)... you can come home
*awe inspiring music* as the gates to Olympus opens in front of him

When he beats Cyclops, leans over the precipice and Cyclops' fall causes a pillar to shake and fall and then Meg screams: "Hercules! Look out!"
Hercules: Meg! Nooooo!!!
He slowly lifts the pillar off of Meg, and then his strength gradually returns: "What's happening?"
Meg: Hades' deal is broken. He promised I won't get hurt
Hercules: Meg... why did you..?
Meg: People always do crazy things... when they're in love
Hercules: Oh.. Meg..

When Zeus arranges the stars and hangs a picture of Hercules in the sky.
As Phil put it: "Yeah, I had a dream. I dreamed I'd train the greatest hero that ever lived. So great, that God would hang a picture of him in the sky, and people would say: hey, that's Phil's boy! That's right... "

Meg's song!


This entry was posted in