The Lone Ranger

week 5 out of 13 weeks in a semester:
it's last day of the week, in my books that's Friday.
I noticed a lot of things today.
My bike is getting rusty in some spots. The lock keeps refusing to unclasp. Freaking thing. Every time I pedal, and this happened a couple of days ago, it clicks and it clacks. My tires seem flat. I am too lazy to go to the workshop just down the road from AMC and oil the nasty places on my bike frame.
Each time I pass the gas station I just think twice and end up not pumping the tyres.
This morning I opened the fridge and the milk was almost gone. There was no butter for my toast. And there was no toast for me to spread the butter on.
I ate ONE bowl of cereal. That is way, way below my normal portion. So, poor, miserable me hopped onto me bike and cycled to AMC. I de-toured to Subway and got a seafood wrap and 3 cookies. I was so glad to get the generous sandwich boy again!
I mentally screamed at the weary voice in my head that goes: what's the point of sharing food money if you still have to take away and spend? and said " Do you wanna starve? Just shut up and be happy with whatca got"
I cringe at the traffic now. I'm in the cyclists lane last time. And this dumb-ass guy shouts at me for going straight, he was trying to go right into this junction. "Dude, you were BEHIND me, I was in FRONT. And nobody calls me and effing idiot!!!!" "I hope you burn in hell you freaking bastard. May the dogs eat you alive and may your teeth rot out and I hope you get killed in a car crash" <--- I hate being bullied by car drivers.

This particular Friday, nothing dramatic happened. I got through the main road unscathed. I parked my bike, worked the stubborn lock. Pulled my gloves, stuffed it in my helmet. Smoothed down my jacket. And imagined myself just climbing off one of the superbikes instead of my aging, normal 'push-bike' . Nahhh... I'd need sunglasses for that.


I got into the CAD labs. Then quickly felt out of place. All the 4th years were in there. Discussing about Finite Element Analysis(FEA), meshes, dimensions. I was like... 'holy sh*t' And on top of that every one could see what I was doing with Maxsurf. I was trying to model a chine hull. I got everything right. Except when it came to the last part where I had to bond the bottom to the spray rails. It just looked atrocious.
All the time I was fervently wishing I didn't look as clueless as I felt.
Then thank God some people came and asked us to leave since the room was booked. Big whoop!
I migrated to the other lab. Finally got my spray rails looking spiffy. Then moved on to Workshop to put my frames in. Just in time for Fluid Mechanics lecture.
I was early! we got 6 questions. I totally had to refer to the shear stress formula and heaps of other stuff besides. On top of that Dev kept telling me off for using pencil. I finally resorted to using a purple ink pen. That placated him a bit. Heh

If you look at the sci fi movies, they have this cool organizer thing. Where they just touch floating tasks in air, drag them and drop them somewhere in a virtual folder.
I imagine all the tasks that I have hanging, floating just above my head. They're all in a jumbled mess. And they keep following me. It's like a cartoon bubble but instead of dialogue,you see images.

It's like a constant murmur. Ship design... long-liner/USL codes/GA/hydrostatics/class test/marine design glossary...Solid mechanics...class test week 7/sketchbook/pasta bridge competition/50+pages of exercises haven't finished yet...Ship production...Ship yard layout/Chine hull,nested frames,auto-cad,maxsurf...Fluid Mechanics.../2 chapters of sums and practice to go through/class test next tue/freaking labs...aaaaaaaaaargh

But the good thing is I only have 2 papers this sem. Big WHOOP!

This entry was posted in