The ballad of the Content

An arrogant boaster I am not, for who am I to be so?
Why worry about provision, when The Creator is my Provider?
Who am I to worry? When I am but an owned slave
And all affairs are in His hands
I am a slave to a Caretaker with Power, with whom difficulty turns to ease
So if I am but a weak servant, then my Lord has Power over all things
His Command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says to it, "Be!" - and it is!
And He causes things to start, and bring things back from oblivion
And He Judges amongst His Creation how He Sees fit
And He Does with His Dominion what He Wills
So Glorified and Exalted is The One, Whose Grace is showered upon us all
And to Whom gratitude is due
He generously gives and Provides for us from the Heaven and Earth
And He still conceals my wrongs, Exalted is The All Wise, All Knowing
And I have no volition nor power except with the permission of the High and Almighty

Oh my heart, trust in God, for He is the Giver and the With-holder
And be content with what God has ordained, for to Him you will surely return
Knowledge is with God, and good is in what has come to be
Oh my heart, rise and rest, for the troubles of this world surely will not last
Look, observe and comprehend, that which is ordained will come to be
In submission you will find peace and know that what will be will be
And he who makes strong his heart, will find in this world serenity

This entry was posted in