2012 and what it means


Well hello and peace be unto you!
This is my first post in 2012. Contrary to other bloggers out there who had to post up some kind of new year resolution post on the 1st day of January, I, have shied away from doing just that. Mainly because I was so lazy to come up with any kind of update. So. We're already into the 14th day of 2012.
How do I feel? First off, I feel so awesomely over the top grateful for managing to finish my undergraduate course within the 4 years and surviving all those grueling years without failing any of the units! phew!
All praise to the Almighty of course. Without His help, I wouldn't have been able to finish!
The crowning glory to my achievement was my final year project which got a Distinction! Thank God all that work paid off handsomely :)
Now. I think it's kind of weird not thinking of February as the month where I'm supposed to go back to Tassie for another year of study. And cue the end of my summer holidays at home! Wage war on all the units I will be taking. The suspense. The stress. The memories. The good times. The bad times. The sushi times! Aaah... I'll definitely miss my student moments. So many good things to be proud of: featured in the news twice! in the uni paper and local papers. On local TV news. Got my face plastered on the posters and in the uni magazine! ;) Definitely memorable for me. My undergrad years.
Now. I have the whole year to get myself adjusted to working life. I've reported to my sponsors and practically overwhelmed them with my CV (haha) and now I'm just waiting for the interview call. Thus ends the chapter on my uni life and a new, fresh page on working as an Engineer. Phew. Wonder how it will be. I really hope I'll get posted to somewhere exotic. I LOVE traveling. I mean who doesn't right? But the problem was always not enough money. If my company decided to sponsor than all the better!
So many things to look forward to in 2012.
In time honored tradition, what the heck, I'll just post a few on-going resolutions or might I say good habits I hope I'll stick with:

  • Less procrastination. Meaning, fill every second with something useful to do. Never let time take control, but instead we control time. 
  • Personal development: Get good at all areas of life through learning and dumping good stuff into my brain. 
  • Get fit and healthy. Follow a healthy lifestyle. Work out 5 days for a minimum of 30 mins EVERY week. Find time to get fit. Not enough time is never an excuse. Slowly but surely mind my diet and what I feed my body. Junk or nutrition? 
  • I wanna get to know my own deen: Islam. I wanna develop myself to become a better devotee before I meet my soulmate. If we are good, we'll attract goodness. Insha Allah
  • I want to be able to direct my own life, and make it the best it could be. I want to be the best me. 
I guess that's just it then. I suppose I've got a long way to go. But life is an adventure, as they say. So I'll live my adventure according to my own terms under the shade of my deen. Everyone will surely taste death. My goal is to live each and every day as if it were my last. So that if I did die, I would have absolutely no regrets when it's time to meet my Lord. Allah willing. Ameen!

This entry was posted in