tracks of my tears


steep, the path to heart's desire

long, the climb to reach it

arduous the journey will be

lingering, the hope that whispers

shaken, faith of the fallen

wanes, the strength to rise up

dark, the roiling emotions

shattered, the spirit that once soared

tell me your heart's desire
or is it already charred in a funeral pyre?

tell me the path you've chosen
will you brave the fate of the fallen?

tell me can you anticipate the journey?
can you carry on when your heart gets lonely?

tell me if hope begins to taunt and haunt
will your bravery still you flaunt?

tell me if your faith remains
or will you trap it in your minds' chains?

tell me of your flailing spirit
where once was bright, and now isn't

tell me have you nerves of steel
to bar the despair that you will feel

after all the blood and tears
after facing all your fears

is it worth the price and folly
to get your heart's desired glory?









This entry was posted in