DHI Interview

Met with Mark and Juan for a brief 1 hour interview.
They walked me through my job prospect: potential of liaising with Singapore branch to get my head around the navigation part of the job scope. Put simply, I'd be on the team that designs the port conditions for ships when they berth and maneuver into port, which is a really awesome job actually. I'd be expected to work with computers 90 percent of the time.  I'm fine with it since I'm good with computers. Juan showed me around the office, which housed a grand total of 20 people! A very close knit group I'm sure.
They told me the salary I was requesting was too high considering the market in Malaysia. Oil and gas industry would actually offer me 4k if I wanted but theirs had to do with coastal and environmental engineering. So. Go figure. They didn't want to disclose the real sum they'd be willing to pay me though. If I did work with them, I'd be forced to go to Damansara all the freaking time, which is quite a traffic jam to slog through. So I do expect high pay to compensate! lol. just kidding.

Anyways, DHI is a danish company that initially started out as a research department in Denmark. They've now branched out all around the world, offering their services when it came to doing Environmental Impact Assessments and wave and current modeling. It would be a great company to work with. They offer flexible working hours and quite attractive holiday leave. And on top of that they're more than willing to tailor my qualifications into their company.

I'm not saying no as yet. One job to consider. 2 weeks to wait for their answer and next week to give them my general feelings about my future work with them.


This entry was posted in